What is Emergency Credit?
Emergency Credit is a €10 advance for when you can't top up. You can set up Emergency Credit through your Mobile App
or directly on your meter. Once set up, you can go into -€10 credit before you lose power. You pay back the Emergency Credit over later top ups. It must be paid back before it can be used again.
How do you activate Emergency Credit on your Smart meter?
On your app:
On your meter:
- On the home screen in the App click on the "Emergency Credit is Available" option
- This option will only show if you've got less than €1 on your Smart Meter
- Click on the "More Information" option to active the Emergency Credit
- Follow the instructions on the screen and you will see a "success" message and your Emergency Credit will be activated within 10 minutes.
- Emergency Credit is available when your credit is less than €1.
- Press "7" on the Meter
- You'll see "E-Credit" on the display, followed by "A-Accept"
- Press the blue "A" button on your meter
- Congratulations! You've now activated your €10 Emergency Credit
- If you use all your Emergency Credit, it will only become available again once you have topped up to a positive balance.
Remember that any Emergency Credit you use will have to be paid back the next time you top up.