Emergency Credit is a €10 advance for when you can't top up, paid back in later top ups. It must be paid back before it can be used again.
For information on how to activate Emergency Credit please select your meter type below:
How do I know if I have a Smart Pay Meter?
- Your account number will begin with 9826176066
- There will be an "A" and "B" button on your meter
- You can see your Credit Balance on the Mobile App
- You dont need to enter your top up codes directly on the meter
How do I know if I have a Classic Pay Meter?
- Your account number will begin with 98261706001.
- There will be a "*" and a "#" button on your meter.
- You cannot see your Credit Balance on the mobile app, but by pressing 111 on the meter.
- You add credit to your meter by typing codes in on your keypad.
How do I know if I have a Prepay Gas Meter?
- You have a natural gas card that you use to buy credit
- You top up your meter by buying credit in a Payzone/Post Office outlet