- Will my energy supply be affected?
No, there’s no reason to worry about your energy supply. We’ve taken the necessary steps to ensure your energy supply continues as normal and we will remain available through all our normal channels to answer any questions you may have. You can call us on 0818 911 077 or click here for all our contact details and opening hours.
- How can I check how much Emergency Credit is on my Gas Meter?
Put your Gas Card into your Meter and press the “A” button until you hear a beep. Then keep pressing the “A” button until you see “22. EmCr Limit” on the screen. This should show €100. If it only shows €10. This means you need to top up your Gas Credit and place the card back in the meter to get the new Emergency Credit limit of €100 updated.
- Is there a special offer to get €100 of free gas credit?
PrepayPower has backed an energy industry plan to help support customers in this difficult time and we increased emergency credit for our gas customers from €10 to €100 from March 17th on a temporary basis. This is Emergency Credit, and if you use it you will need to be paid back in full. We suggest that you maintain your normal top up pattern when you can and reserve the emergency credit for when you most need it as once you use the credit it will no longer be available to you until paid back in full. To check if this new emergency credit limit is on your meter please refer to the user guide by clicking here.
- I’m in financial difficulty due to the COVID-19 outbreak and I’m worried about staying on supply
We understand that this is a really difficult time. If you are struggling to keep your meter topped up, PrepayPower offers emergency credit and friendly credit hours. Please call us on 0818 911 077 and we can work through the options with you.
- My Payzone shop is closed. How can I top up?
There are 3,500 Payzone locations around Ireland, so you may have another shop nearby that you weren’t aware of. Click here for a full list of all Payzone locations. Alternatively, you can top up on the website or through the PrepayPower app. Both will allow you top up from home. If you are unable to use the website or mobile app, please call us to 0818 911 077 where you can purchase a top up over the phone.
- I’m self-isolating and cannot top up at the shop. Can I get a friend or family member to top-up for me?
Yes, a friend of family member can top up for you. They can do this in the shop, on the website or in the app. If you are giving your top up card to a friend or family member, please remember to follow HSE Social Distancing guidelines when doing so.
- In the shop: a friend or family member will just need your mobile number registered with us or your account number on your PrepPayPower card. We suggest you top up by a little more to reduce your trips to the shop
- On the website: a friend or family member can top up on the website for you. All they need is your account number.
- In the mobile app: you will need to share your log in details with a friend or family member. If you don’t have the app, you will need to download it first and register an account.
- I’m self-isolating and do not have a friend or family member I can ask to top up for me?
You can top on the website or through the PrepayPower app without leaving the comfort of your home. If neither of these options are suitable, please call us on 0818 911 077 and you can purchase a top up over the phone or to discuss other options open to you.
- How do I make sure my energy supply isn’t affected in case I feel unwell or have to self-isolate?
- Consider topping up your energy meter more than you usually would, each time you top up
- Make a list of friends and family who live nearby and might be able to top up your card or meter for you
- If your meter is outside, leave your meter box unlocked if it's safe to do so, so someone else can top it up for you
- I’m going to lose power and it’s an emergency, what should I do?
If it’s an emergency or you might lose power or you are not able to top up during a period of self-isolation, we’ll work with you to keep your energy on. We’ve set up a dedicated team in our centre to help our customers with alternative options when possible.
In some cases, we can arrange a top over the phone, please ring our team on 0818 0818 911 077. If you have a gas meter, we can send an agent to collect your gas card to top up your meter on your behalf.
- I am using more energy because I’m at home more now. What can I do?
We know this is an extremely difficult time for us all and staying at home means you’ll probably use more energy than usual. If you want some practical help to cut your energy use click here
- How should I get in touch at this time?
It is still business as usual for our customer support teams.
Call: 0818 911 077
- I am worried that I’m at risk from catching COVID-19 if one of your installers attends my property?
Our installers are taking all precautions as advised by the HSE. They will maintain social distancing and will clean and disinfect all work surfaces after the work has been complete.
- I have an install booked – will it go ahead as planned?
Yes, your install will go ahead as planned. If there is any reason why we need to delay your install, we will get in touch 24 hours before the scheduled date.
- How do I top up my electricity?
You can top up your electricity meter without leaving home through our app or website which are available 24/7. If you do not have the PrepayPower app installed on your phone you can download it by clicking here and registering with your customer account number. For a step by step guide on how to top up using our website please click here.
If you would prefer to top up in a shop you can do so in any Payzone outlet, we suggest that you top up by a little bit more during this period if you would prefer to visit the shop less often.
- What happens when the credit has been used up?
When the emergency credit is fully used up your meter will disconnect until a top up is applied. This can result in the gas supply running out at an inconvenient time. In addition when you top up after emergency credit is used 60% of the value of the top up is applied to the debt on the meter and 40% is provided as credit. For example, if you used €50 of emergency credit and then top up by €20 only €8 will be applied as credit and €38 will still be owed.
Emergency credit cannot be accessed again until the full arrears are cleared. As a result, you are likely to need to top up again in a relatively short period of time and so we suggest that you only use emergency credit when absolutely necessary. Once credit is reapplied you will also need to restore the gas supply for more information on how to do this please click here
- Why have you increased emergency credit for gas and not for electricity?
We have a wide variety of top up options available for electricity customers including app, website and phone as well as through the Payzone network. For gas customers the Payzone network provides extensive coverage however we do recognise that Covid-19 could provide challenges to customers who are unable to get to a shop in the future and for that reason we’re happy to be able to offer an increased emergency credit limit to provide support when absolutely required. Once used this credit would need to be repaid in full before it could be availed of again and for that reason we recommend that customers only use this when absolutely necessary.
- How do I activate emergency credit for Gas?
- When you want to use your Emergency Credit, insert your Gas Card into the meter.
- When the Emergency Credit is offered, you can accept it by pressing the red Button A.
If you use any of the Emergency Credit, you must pay it all back before you can borrow the whole amount again. For this reason we’d encourage customers to avoid using emergency credit until absolutely necessary so you can always have comfort that this safety net is available in the coming weeks. If you wish to see how much Emergency Credit you have used and owe, remove the Gas Card and press and release red button A.
- How do I top up my gas?
Your PrepayGas meter can be topped up using your natural gas card at any one of 3.500 Payzone outlets with a variety of opening hours. For locations of the store most convenient for you please click here. If you would like to go to the shop less often we suggest that you top up by a larger amount that usual when you do go. Additionally, we are backing an industry initiative to help support customers in this difficult time and will increase emergency credit for our gas customers to €100 from March 17th on a temporary basis. This is sufficient for four weeks’ worth of gas supply for an average customer. This credit will need to be paid back in full. We suggest that you maintain your normal top up pattern when you can and reserve the emergency credit for when you most need it as once you use the credit it will no longer be available to you.